Sunday, May 06, 2018

An old facebook post about a dream I had....


Funny, weird dream last night. I'm rehearsing in a dance studio which you can look into from the street because the front wall where the door is is all glass. I've got shorts on I can't button at the top and my big fat belly is hanging over and I'm busting out of my t-shirt. Just then Debbie Allen ....yes Debbie Allen.... walks by and looks in and there is this perplexed expression on her face. So of course she going to get into my business cause she just sees me messing about looking frightful. She walks into the studio with shopping bags in her hands, walks right up to me, looks me up and down, and asks "Honey, don't you work out? Don't you dance?" I said "I'm dancing now." And she pursed her lips and opened her eyes wide at me. "Ok, no I don't...not anymore. not in years." She dropped her bags. Rolled up her sleeves and from out of nowhere she has in her hands that wooden stick she used in Fame to bang the beat on the floor. And she says to me "Ok, here is where you start paying in sweat." I guess if I can't do it for myself I've got to do it for Debbie.

No comments: